September 14, 2008

A Month Already??!

I know, I know, I haven't posted anything in 2 weeks. But what can I say, I have actually been keeping myself plenty busy this past month. And I still cannot believe that I have been here for a month already. Even though it seems that we have done a lot here in Germany already, time seems to be blowing by. I keep telling myself to make the most of every moment, and I hope to continue that! As you can see, we are all smiles for Germany!



The past two weeks I have been trying to learn the language. That's right, I signed up for an intensive German course that's 4.5 hours a day, Mon-Fri of non-stop German or should I now say Deutsch. My teacher doesn't even speak English, so it is basically a sink or swim kind of situation. And I will have to say, I am treading water quite nicely. Actually, I am loving this course. I have already learned so much! Even though I feel like I spit when I talk and I can't help from laughing at how to say "Good journey!" (its "gut Fährt", hehe), I am excited every morning when I head to school to learn more. Call me a dork if you will, but I don't care. School is fun again (and I'm not skipping classes because of the night before partying like I might have done in college, whoops!). There are two more weeks of this first course - there are 6 total, but I am not sure if I am going to take all of them. I will for sure be in the next level class and I will figure out where to go from there!


As for trips out of Kassel, I already have some plans in the works. I'll hopefully be making a few trips to see away games, a good excuse to see other German cities that are in our vicinity. A girls trip to Oktoberfest will take place on September 22nd and I am getting so excited! Bought a dirndl (traditional dress, apron and blouse that German girls wear to the festival) online and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Love the fact that Oktoberfest will be like one huge themed party! A week after us girls are going, Alex gets to go too with his team. He is pretty pumped up about going too. I mean, just look what he came home in the other day...so jealous!


I might have to make a trip or two to see friends traveling throughout Western Europe in October. And, the guys get off 2 weeks of games, which will probably only be about 4 or 5 days of practice, in early November. We have been talking about seeing Rome or London/Ireland or Switzerland/Austria in that time. We are pretty much down for anything, just have to decide where to go first. I am not too worried about it; where ever we don't go this time, we will go another. So much time for so many places :)



Everything else has been great here. The team has begun the regular season and they are currently 3-1 and couldn't be looking better, whoohoo! They do have the creepiest looking wolf/dog mascots ever. Seriously, the adult and little kid in these costumes give me the willies!



If I haven't been busy at school, I have been hanging out with the other girls, shopping (window shopping I guess I should say) downtown, we went bowling the other day, and we are heading to a dual birthday party for two of the player's kids tomorrow, so that should be a great time. Yep, I am happy to report that everything is great!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

  1. I'm so envious of people who can learn German - I took it in University and the only two phrases I can now flaunt proudly are "das is blau" and "das is nicht blau!"

    Looking forward to reading more about life in Germany!

    PS: Thanks for stopping by The Colie Chronicles http://www.thecoliechronicles.com!! Hope you come back often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, aber du sprichst gut Deutsch! That is too funny that you would remember those two. I will definitely be stopping by lots, I think you are too funny. Plus, I don't think anyone has ever even looked at my super old posts, so bonus for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Whoomp, there it is!